Frequently asked questions
1. What is the minimum? Age for boys to join the Indian army
Candidate should be between 17 to 21 years.
2. Can girls join the Indian army?
Yes girls join Indian Army after graduation
3. What is the min? Age for girls to join the Indian army
Girls should be graduate and up to 24 years. If she is Engineer, she can join up to 27 years of age. If she is LLB and more than 55% she can join up to 26 years of age.
4. What is the min? Qualification to join NDA
One should have 12th passed with any subject for Army and if he wants to join Air Force and Navy he must have passed with maths and physics.
5. I have completed my HSC (12th class). Can I join Indian Army?
Yes, you can join up to 19 years of age.
6. How many time the NDA entrance exam is held?
Two times in a year NDA Entrance exam is conducted by UPSC that is in Apr and Sep.
7. What is the approx. salary of officer recruited after clearing NDA?
As per sixth Pay commission approx salary (including all allowances) is 75,000/- and after implementation of 7th pay commission it will be approx 1 lac.
8. What is the duration of the NDA course?
Three years of academic training and one-year military training.